BBC Proms 2018 Prom 34, BBC Philharmonic and Juanjo Mena in Britt...
- Category Music
- Type MP3
- Language English
- Total size 208.2 MB
- Uploaded By ElsonRoa
- Downloads 81
- Last checked 4 months ago
- Date uploaded 5 months ago
- Seeders 9
- Leechers 3
Infohash : EC45AE8F62BB650BF465C5C11C50ACF60F978E2E
BBC Proms 2018 Prom 34, BBC Philharmonic and Juanjo Mena in Britten and Copland (320kbps .mp3)
Live at BBC Proms: The BBC Philharmonic and their Chief Conductor Juanjo Mena in music by Britten, Walton, Barber and Copland. They are joined by soprano Sally Matthews.
In Bernstein's centenary year, Juanjo Mena and the BBC Philharmonic celebrate with a transatlantic Prom, uniting music by British and American composers connected not just by generation but in many cases personal friendship. Commissioned and premiered by Bernstein, Copland's Connotations is a portrait of "the tensions aspirations and drama inherent in the world today". Its knotty confrontations find contrast in the sensuous beauty of Britten's orchestral song-cycle Les illuminations, while the sea provides inspiration both for Walton's bustling, bonhomous Portsmouth Point overture and Britten's boldly dramatic Four Sea Interludes from his opera 'Peter Grimes'. Sally Matthews joins the orchestra for two extracts from Samuel Barber's opera Antony and Cleopatra which complete the programme.
01. Walton - Overture 'Portsmouth Point'
01i. General introduction to BBC Proms 2018, Prom 34
02. Copland - Connotations
02i. Introduction to Copland’s Connotations
03. Britten - Les illuminations
03i. Introduction to Britten’s Les illuminations
04. Barber - Antony and Cleopatra - Two scenes
04i. Introduction to Part II of the concert
05. Britten - Four Sea Interludes from 'Peter Grimes'
05i. Introduction to Britten’s Sea Interludes
Sally Matthews (soprano)
Juanjo Mena (conductor)
0. BBC Proms 2018, Prom 34, Interval - Proms Plus
Film-maker and biographer Humphrey Burton and Britten scholar Heather Wiebe explore Aaron Copland's influence on Benjamin Britten and Leonard Bernstein and Britten's relationship with America, in conversation with Louise Fryer. Recorded earlier today at the Imperial College Union.
Live from the Royal Albert Hall, London, presented by Ian Skelly.
First Broadcast: 8 August 2018, BBC Radio 3
Files:BBC Proms 2018 Prom 34, BBC Philharmonic and Juanjo Mena in Britten and Copland
- .DS_Store (8.0 KB)
- 01. Walton - Overture 'Portsmouth Point'.mp3 (12.6 MB)
- 01i. General introduction to BBC Proms 2018, Prom 34.mp3 (1.4 MB)
- 02. Copland - Connotations.mp3 (43.9 MB)
- 02i. Introduction to Copland’s Connotations.mp3 (1.1 MB)
- 03. Britten - Les illuminations.mp3 (53.8 MB)
- 03i. Introduction to Britten’s Les illuminations.mp3 (2.1 MB)
- 04. Barber - Antony and Cleopatra - Two scenes.mp3 (40.8 MB)
- 04i. Introduction to Part II of the concert.mp3 (2.1 MB)
- 05. Britten - Four Sea Interludes from 'Peter Grimes'.mp3 (36.9 MB)
- 05i. Introduction to Britten’s Sea Interludes.mp3 (1.6 MB)
- 06. BBC Proms 2018, Prom 34, Interval - Proms Plus.mp3 (11.9 MB)
- About this torrent.txt (2.0 KB)
- If this torrent is dead.txt (0.1 KB)
- Torrent Downloaded From siteevangelico.net.txt (0.0 KB)
- Torrent Downloaded From Katcr.co - Kickasstorrents.txt (0.1 KB)
- Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid_-_www.demonoid.pw_.txt (0.1 KB)